Level 2 Award in Security Guarding (QCF) After successful completion of this course, and passing the required knowledge checks, candidates will be able to apply to the Security Industry Authority (SIA) for a ‘Security Guard’ licence.
What does the course involve?
The ‘Security Guarding’ course is split into 3 modules, all of which must be completed and passed in order to achieve the Level 2 in Security Guarding.
This course complies and meets all the objectives laid down by the Security Industry Authority. By the end of the session learners will have covered the following areas:
Unit 1 Working in the Private Security Industry (Core Module)
· Introduction to the Security Industry.
· Legislation relevant to the Private Security Industry.
· Health and Safety at Work.
· Fire Safety.
· Emergency Procedures.
· Communication Skills and Customer Care in the Private Security Industry.
Unit 2 Working as a Security Officer
· The role of a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry.
· Controlling access and egress to a site.
· Searching procedures.
· Technology, security and monitoring systems in the security environment.
· Law and its relevance to the Security Officer.
· Reporting, recording and record keeping.
Unit 3 Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
· Recognising and Assessing risks.
· Communication Skills.
· De-escalating conflict situations.
· Resolving conflict.
· Post incident considerations.
Are there any entry requirements?
Although no formal qualifications are required, individuals need to have the capacity to read and write at literacy Level 2.
This qualification can only be undertaken by learners aged 18yrs old or over.
How long is the course?
This course is delivered over 3 full days.
Where is the course delivered?
The course is delivered at our training facility in Hayes Middlesex Southall ,Walthamstow, Forestgate , Brixton Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Coventry, and Manchester, however if you would like a group booking to take place in a suitable training environment that is more convenient to you, our trainers can provide mobile training at a suitable venue of your choice.
How much will this course cost?
Current course costs per candidate are £175.00 this includes examination and certification fees.
Ultimate Skills Solutions Ltd, if required provide your organisation with this training course at a time and place to suit you. Please contact us and one of our representatives will be happy to discuss this option with you.
Course prices MAY vary depending on the venue you select so please do confirm the price on application.
If you are a client and needs security training solution for your business please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.